Yolo Basin Foundation – Guided Bat Tour www.yolobasin.org
Itinerary and Agenda:
- Meet at the Yolo Basin Foundation parking lot at about 5:30pm: 45211 Co Road 32B, Davis, CA
- $14/adult; 16 and under are free.
- Please have your payment available when you arrive (cash and credit cards are accepted)
- A presentation in the conference room begins at 5:45pm (though try to be a bit early)
- Bring a light jacket as it can cool off a bit after sunset.
- Carpooling is preferred as we will take our personal vehicles to the viewing area and they’d like to minimize vehicle traffic. SUV’s or trucks might be better though not mandatory.
- There will be a 45 minute presentation in the facility conference room before we carpool over to the viewing area.
- Once we arrive at the viewing area, we’ll wait for the bats to emerge.
- There is minimal walking involved and we will be on a gravel road.
- During the viewing, our tour guide, Corki Quirk, will provide additional background on the bats.
- The viewing and discussion will conclude around 8:45pm.
- It is preferred that all vehicles arrive and depart at the same time to minimize disrupting the bats.